Kevin Smith’s Tusk-September

There’s no shortage of interesting flicks hitting screens, so we’re
entering the start of the very best season for cinema.
Tis the season for high quality movies, with the upcoming New York
Film Festival really kicking off Oscar season for me.
That’s not to say that the next week or two won’t have
plenty to talk about, but once we’re in October it’s really the heat
of the moment then, as it were. Even so, the whole month of
 September has plenty to be excited about, I assure you of that much.

 There’s no shortage of quality coming our way, so be excited folks.
Below you’ll see a total of ten titles plus a pair of honorable mentions
 that I feel represent the best of the month. I’ve seen a handful of
 the films to be discussed, so I can vouch for those personally. The rest?
 Well, I’ll be reporting in on them real soon. In the meantime,
here you go: 10. The Guest – A throwback thriller.

I saw this film from up and coming genre filmmaker Adam Wingard
who blew me away with You’re Next last year recently and liked
 it a lot. It feels like a B movie from the 1980′s, a slow burn
 through and through. If you like the sort of thing where you laugh
 and cringe in equal measure, this one will be for you. It hits on the
 17th. 9. The Zero Theorem – Any new work from filmmaker
 Terry Gilliam is worth taking note of. Even if this isn’t my favorite
 one of his I’m currently embargoed from saying too much more,
 it’s far from boring and has a top notch cast led by Christoph Waltz.

 This one comes out on the 19th and likely will divide audiences.
 Something tells me that Gilliam wouldn’t have it any other way though8.
Two Night Stand – Another movie I’ve already seen, this romantic comedy
 is actually a lot better than the ads would lead you to believe.