In what ways did you implement what you learned on your own blog?

I quickly realised that Adsense was not a strategy for me moving
forward. There were far better ways to monetize my blog. That is
why I started working on my own product: an eBook with 30 London
Cycling Routes). The eBook has been a huge success and I wouldn't
have thought to create it without the course. I've had interest
from people wanting to publish it and it continues to bring in a
steady income that pays my rent.

I also started an Aweber newsletter. This helped me connect with my
audience and have their permission to keep in contact regularly. As
of today I have over 2,000 subscribers on my list.

My traffic grew a lot (I am receiving over 70,000 visits per
month now) and I practically went from $0 to $1,000 monthly in
revenues. The money I made with the blog paid for two weeks in
Brazil enjoying Rio De Janeiro. Since then things have continued to
grow and so many opportunities have arisen, such as collaborating
on an iPhone application and interviewing the Mayor of London. I'm
sure without this strong start to my blogging career I would be in
a 9-5 job now.