• Apply and get accepted by Google’s AdSense program
• File an IRS form W-9 (or other appropriate tax form) with Google
• Generate AdSense for Content ad and link unit code for your site
• Place the code in your pages
• If you have a mobile site, add AdSense for Mobile units to the mobile site
• Add AdSense search boxes to your site
• Create a custom search results page that echoes the look and feel of your site
• Create custom channels to track your ads and to offer targeted ad placements
• Create custom palettes to complement your web designs
• Add AdSense for Feeds to your syndication feeds
• Aggregate your feeds from a single source such as a WordPress
blog using FeedBurner
• Add any parked domains you have to the AdSense for
• Add video units to sites with appropriate content
Google Adsence Tips
The most important statistic for you to pay attention to is the CTR,
or click-through rate. CTR measures the percentage of times visitors
click, and can be broken down on the basis of what is being clicked
into Page CTR -page percentage click-through rate,
Ad Unit CTR-ad unit percentage click-through rate, and Ad CTR -the
percentage of times an individual ad is clicked. Page CTR tells you how
effective your pages are as hosts for advertising, and Ad and Ad Unit
CTR tell you how well specific ads and ad configurations work.
An ad impressionis recorded each time an AdSense ad unit is displayed.
A page impressionis recorded each time a web page containing an
AdSense ad unit is displayed. A single display of a web page containing
three ad units would produce one page impression and three ad impressions.
A visitor’s click on an ad on a publisher’s page. Public service ad clicks
are not included in this statistic.